Created on Thursday, 15 August 2013 21:13
Last Updated on Tuesday, 20 August 2013 06:27
Moving Safes and Vaults
Fist thing is to make sure that your safe is properly prepared for the move.
There are a few things you must do to ensure your safe's move goes smoothly and safely and most importantly that your valuables are not damaged.
- Everything must be removed from your safe, prior to movers getting to your residence.
- Most safes are bolted down to the floor. Therefore, a safe specialist will have to get access to the lower part of the safe to get it detached from the floor.
- Heavy articles inside the safe will add unnecessary weight to an already heavy item. It will help movers to handle the safe with more ease and safely transport it to destination. A lighter safe will add less stress to the stairs, floors, it is easier to maneuver and may require a help of less movers in less time.
- During the move your safe will be lifted, leaned and in some cases may even be laid on its back.
- The safe will also go through normal stresses of the move. Such as unpredictable road conditions, vibrations. This will cause shifting of items inside the safe. Items that are not tightly secured inside may easily get damaged.
- Let your movers know if they have to deal with stairs at either location, as they will need additional equipment for it. Most staircases can handle a safe relocation as long as there is enough room to operate our equipment. The circular and narrow staircases can not be used to move a safe. Movers may ask you to measure your stairs and share this information with them ahead of time.
- Make sure that there is nothing abstracting the access to the safe and that movers have a clear path to get it out of its old location. If there are permanent fixture in the way and you couldn't disassemble them, not to worry, the movers have the tools to break them down. This will take more time and there will be an extra fee associated with it. Movers may ask you to pick an alternative location in case the fist choice is not accessible.
- If the safe is going to your new residence make certain that chosen spot for the safe is abstract-less as well. Measure all doorways and hallways ahead of time. This will prevent you from making a decision of looking for a spot for a safe in hurry, while the movers are at your new place ready for installation.